News & Events
December 23 to 29 2019
NSS SPECIAL CAMP-PERI IT
Under the guidance of unit chairman and programming officer, We adopted salavakkam village, uthiramerur taluk, kancheepuram district, tamilnadu.
- The camp started with the identification of problems in the adopted village and conducted an overall survey in the locality.
- The major problem faced by them are improper open water bodies, improper garbage disposal in households, lack of plastic disposal awareness, and unrepaired roads.
- Done the work of cleaning and repairing of halt place.
- The camp focused mainly on general medical check-up and eye check-up which is known as basic need for the rural people.
- The check-up camp started with a warm welcome to the doctors and village president.
- NSS-PERIIT and kalyani speciality clinic,vadapalani organized the free general medical camp. special treatment done by the doctors for the better health of the old age peoples.
- Similarly, a free eye check-up camp was done by Aggarwal eye hospital, tambaram.
- The attended people was satisfied with the service provided by us.
- The main problem faced by the villagers improper disposal of household and domestic wastages which are directly disposed to public premises and nearby open water sources.
- We planned a detailed schedule to remove the vast garbage which was irregularly dumped.
- The unrecyclable waste are burned and used in other ways as source.
- Prosopis juliflora tree which is know to absorb underground water and moisture from the air, are removed and used for various aspects.
- Water scarcity has been the main problem in last decades, so we took steps to clean the open water bodies.
- Mainly concentrated on ponds and streams of water, we had put our hands together to remove the weeds over the water and maintain a healthy ecosystem.
- And mainly the over flow of garbage waste over the water are cleaned and disposed properly.
- Over the village we observed the water and done the work to safe guard and clean them.
- Wide varieties of plant and tree saplings are distributed and planted over the surroundings.
- Due to lack of afforestation and usage of fire wood decreased the count of trees over there.
- The saplings of neem and other herbal are freely distributed among the villagers and few are planted near the slopes of the village to avoid soil erosion.
- Villagers grounded the saplings and started the work to maintain its growth.
- Due to lack of awareness of govt. schemes and job opportunities many people are unemployed and lack of health of health awareness.
- We had organized a rally to create awareness and make people understand the need and importance of various aspects.
- Locality people also supported us by spending their valuable time to listen regarding the rally.
- Various awareness like hazardous impact of dengue and its breeding, govt. schemes like DDU GKY, PMKY etc…
- Plastic are been a challenge to us in disposal and recycling.
- Due to poor facilities of disposal they dumped them on the roads and few buried themin grounds.
- We took a step to segregate these type of waste and spread awareness not to burn them in open space.
- They are simply dumped on road sides, public premises and nearby water bodies or else simply burnt.
- All the plastics are collected at a spot and moved on to the process of recycling and asked not to use plastics under 50 microns.
- The camp could manage to over come the problems at the village.
- The major problems of water and pollution are controlled to a extent and made an practice to them
- School and middle age childrens are given a practice of sports along with their academics. Control of school drop outs are seen.
- The villagers are satisfied with the service provided to them.
- The camp concluded with the overall ensurance of the program done in the adopted region.